Long hailed as one of Los Angeles’ most astonishing buildings, The Bradbury is located at 304 South Broadway in downtown LA. The building was commissioned by gold-mining millionaire turned real estate developer Lewis L. Bradbury, and was completed in 1893.
Mr. Bradbury initially approached local architect Sumner Hunt to complete the architectural schema, but felt that Hunt’s designs were neither grandiose nor opulent enough for his taste. He then appointed Hunt’s draftsman, George Wyman, to complete the design.
The five-story building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971, and later designated a National Historic Landmark in 1977— It is one of only four office building in LA to receive the aforementioned honor.
While The Bradbury continues to serve as an office building, visitors are welcome to tour the lobby during regular office hours.